Full Frame vs Micro 4:3

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Promit Senior Member • Posts: 2,083
Re: Full Frame vs Micro 4:3

MFT users like to gun for the FF crowd, with the "smaller and lighter" mantra with hilariously unreasonable comparisons. Oh really, your f/5.6 pancake zoom is smaller than an FF kit? Weird how there's no f/11 FE zoom available to compare to.

Meanwhile on the opposite side, if they actually wanted smaller and lighter then they should've bought an RX100 or G7X. Two cameras that provide more zoom AND more light gathering in a much smaller package than any MFT zoom option. And that's when the goal posts start shifting - oh no, can't compare that, it's not an ILC so it doesn't count.

I shot on various Olympus and Panasonic bodies for ... six years? MFT is where I learned photography and I was there from the E-PL1. Thousands of images in my library from more than half a dozen different cameras in that format. But I walked away as the APS-C and eventually FF competition showed themselves to be more capable, more flexible, faster, better value per dollar, and more suited to the work I was doing.

Poor Olympus. From the original mirrorless ILC concept to 5-axis IBIS to hybrid on-sensor PDAF - they were always the ones charting the course for what has become the accepted standard. And yet it didn't even bring them enough money to stay in the game.

Promit's gear list:Promit's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Canon EOS R5 Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow