S5 what owners thoughts?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
jalywol
jalywol Forum Pro • Posts: 11,053
It's a good one

Labe wrote:

Just wondering what users of the s5 think of it especially with the 20-60 kit lens

I’ve just ordered one myself to try out .

I do mainly landscape and portraits stills but want to try out some video .

I love it.  I have it with the 20-60mm, and it's a great camera.  Its color rendition for landscape work is exceptional, by the way.  I do a lot of macro and flower work, and it captures what I see, which makes what I have to do in PP after the shot a LOT faster and easier.

If you have been using any Panasonic M43 gear, this will be super easy to pick up.  If not, it's got a great UI.  Just read the manual, as there are a lot of options, and a lot of ways to customize button and dial functions.

The 20-60mm has a very nice feature, and that is that you can get quite close up with it, up to about 28mm.  So, it will work as a pseudo-macro at those focal lengths.  Longer than that, the minimum focus distance is increased, but still reasonable.

I have not worked with it for more complex landscapes or urban setting yet, so I can't give you the ultimate comparison run-down compared to other lenses.  I do plan to get out some with it when the weather cooperates, but so far what I have used it for is very satisfactory.   And, it's a nice size; so the combo of that lens and the S5 is light enough to carry about, which is a bonus.

I've had an A7 (original one) and an RP, and this is a far, far, nicer camera than either of those, in every way imaginable.

Hope this helps....

-J

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow