***July 18, 2021 - July 24, 2021 Weekly Show, Tell, and Critique***

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
abiquiuense
abiquiuense Veteran Member • Posts: 7,350
Re: ***July 18, 2021 - July 24, 2021 Weekly Show, Tell, and Critique***

KBTinto wrote:

Some rainy pics .. went out the other week to pick up my Amazon order from their locker at the neighborhood Rite Aide pharmacy. It had rained earlier and I thought it would hold off until I got back home so I didn't take the umbrella .. but it restarted as I got halfway back ..

Good thing some shops still have awnings

When it let up a bit I headed home but not before taking some pics of 2 chess players mulling their next moves in a Starbucks which now closes at 10pm instead of 8:30 after the city eased Covid restrictions.

I am late viewing your exhibits, KB.  However late I view them, I know their beauty will always hold true.

myBabe and I just got back from a funeral and fun-shopping the second hand stores in Santa Fe.  It started raining very hard,  with us just barely clearing the ridge to descend into the Rio Grande Valley.  By the time we made my jurisdiction, all the arroyos were bulging.  That area must have also gotten hail cuz there was definitely a drop in temperature.  The area where it rained is mainly sand, so that tells me there is more water than meets the eye.  Stretches of arroyos become quick sands; hwoomph, down.  Happened to me with a load of roof beams coming from the mountains.  The sand shifted from the hillside, and I plowed right into it for not looking.  It took five trucks, chain-linked to pull me out.  Crazy people didn't want to unload me before they did that.

I better go before Greg gets an idea that I'm feeling better and can host another experience.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow