How to have my photography appreciated, or mean something?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
mfinley
mfinley Senior Member • Posts: 5,420
Re: How to have my photography appreciated, or mean something?

Jim I don't see why you're asking the question. Your answers are in your post.

You don't get satisfaction from your photography from anything but: people seeing and appreciating your work which you qualified as being seen at the farmer's market or at a gallery, and you would feel even more satisfaction if they bought it

Here is what you said:

I don't exhibit at galleries, I don't sell photographs at the farmer's market---generally nobody sees my photos

I want people to see and appreciate my work

When people like it, and even better if somebody bought something---even for $10, I would feel actualized from my photography.

I'm not out to make a lot of money from my photography. But if nobody likes it, or even sees it, it all seems a bit without purpose.

Start putting your work out for sale. Start an account on fine art america, put it in the farmers market, find a gallery, find a restaurant that you can hang and sell your work that wants free artwork on their walls...

You know what to do. If you say you don't want to put any of this effort into it, then you're just complaining for no reason as you defined exactly what would give you satisfaction, so go do it.

-- hide signature --
 mfinley's gear list:mfinley's gear list
Olympus 7-14mm F2.8 Pro Olympus M.Zuiko 300mm F4 IS Pro Olympus 12-100mm F4.0
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow