If 99% of our work goes directly online, why do we still need 35+ Megapixel Cameras?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
beagle1 Forum Pro • Posts: 11,458
Re: If 99% of our work goes directly online, why do we still need 35+ Megapixel Cameras?

MoCee wrote:

Long time member, first post in a very long time

I've been shooting for a decades. I started with film, switched to digital 20 years ago, and have always purchased high megapixel cameras as most of my clients requested and bought prints. Prints sales are nearly zero and I'm questioning why upgrade my 5DM4s to R5s. When I send clients full res images as the request, many don't realize how large the files are, or how to resize them (most do, but there are still those who don't know). In my studio I have 12 - 15 large 24x36 framed (no matte) photos of shoots (I photography people - fashion, corporate, environmental portraits, etc), and some were taken with 5DM4, some even with an older Canon 7D M1. My photog friends cannot see the difference at 24x36. Any input on megapixel size in 2021 would be helpful. Thanks.

yes, if you are not a professional photographer and only posting to social media 35+ MP is probably not necessary

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow