David Hull
OP David Hull Veteran Member • Posts: 6,773
Re: Any experience with ON1 NoNoise?

Zeee wrote:

David Hull wrote:

Zeee wrote:

David Hull wrote:

Zeee wrote:

Yes you have to view this at 100% to really see it. I'm not having that issue. Thinking out the box I had similar issues with Topaz on my 8 year old computer. Not on the outsides but the same type of result. Not enough processing power. After getting a new one a few years ago the problem went away.

Someone at Topaz (I think) suggested to resize the file and then try it in Topaz and see what happens. When I resized to about 50% the problem went away.

By the way I just got a bug fix update notice from ON1 today.

I looked at that but I am running it on an i9 with 32GB of RAM -- should be enough, I would think. This is in excess of their recommendations. Vid Card is a GFORCE 2080.

Whats the VRam? That is what was causing issues for me with Topaz. Here are NoNoise specs. Recommended is on the right.

https://www.on1.com/products/nonoise-ai/specs/

EVGA GEFORCE 2080 Super -- Supports OpenGL 4.6 8GB onboard GDDR6 Ram. Again looks to be better than their recommended.

Then I don't have an answer. Sorry about that. As suggested contact On1 or don't buy it.

I am probably not going to buy it.  At least not until I give Topaz a try.

Thanks to everyone for the comments and help.

David Hull's gear list:David Hull's gear list
Canon EOS R Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM Canon RF 15-35mm F2.8L IS USM +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow