Photography, not an easy excercie...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
kcdogger Veteran Member • Posts: 3,373
Re: Photography, not an easy excercie...

John Crowe wrote:

42 years in, and I am still learning. It is easy to take a picture, it is much more difficult to take a good picture.

Digital photography has brought with it the challenge of learning post processing and investing in the required equipment. In the film era I never invested in a darkroom and relied on my photofinisher and results still maximized the potential of my images. One can simply rely on out of camera jpeg but they will not be taking advantage of the digital process and not reach the full potential of their images. Once one can take control of the processing stage their is much more gratification in the resulting images.

Have fun and keep up your interest.

Yes. Been at it since 1959 and still learning. When I went digital it was like starting all over again. Almost completely different from anything I knew before. It's a whole new ballgame, and I'm not a computer wizard either which is what your really have to be now days. Only similarity is the elements of exposure - ISO, aperture, shutter speed. For the rest - everything new, different and complicated - and just wen you thought you had it all figured out. Wow!  The geeks have won!  It is no longer possible to live without a computer.

Peace.

John - ......an antique in a geek-filled, computer world.

kcdogger's gear list:kcdogger's gear list
Olympus TG-6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 +24 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow