Full Frame vs Micro 4:3

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
tbcass
tbcass Forum Pro • Posts: 51,321
Re: What about 2x the other way?

New Day Rising wrote:

While I don't agree with the "the FF advantage is just hype" position, it might make sense that it only works in one direction.

Let's say for the sake of the argument that m4/3 is at the lower limit of what is good enough. Twice as good is more than good enough, but maybe the difference isn't that noticeable. But something that is only half as good as good enough is, by definition, not good enough.

Excellent points. For me, a 1" sensor is good enough. Anything less gives what I find unacceptable. For that reason I own a 1" super zoom, 1" pocket cam, and a Full Frame with lenses. I have no need for M43 or APSC. When I want portability, which is the vast majority of the time, I use a 1" camera. When I want max. IQ it's FF. I find FF is the top end of the spectrum because MF doesn't offer enough improvement over FF to matter to me.

-- hide signature --

Tom

tbcass's gear list:tbcass's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX10 IV Sony a99 II Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow