Silicon sleeve - any good?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
lickity split
lickity split Veteran Member • Posts: 6,098
Re: Silicon sleeve - any good?

Giovanni_1968 wrote:

It would have had a better fit into the accessories forum but since it's Nikon camera related I thought to ask here:

are silicon sleeves any good to protect D8xx against water/moist/dust?

I use the old D800 when I go sailing and always keep it in a backpack and only take it off to take some shots but wondering if adding a sleeve would provide some extra protection and, if so, is there any brand which is better than the other?

Grazie and buon fine settimana

I never tried one but I’d imagine it would be pretty useless against all three of the things your looking to protect it from (water,moisture,dust) all of the controls are still accessible and exposed to the elements , besides making the camera bulkier.

I think besides the method your currently using the only thing I can think of that’ll help is sticking you camera in a clear plastic bag with a lens count out hole in it , you can still use and see the top control panel of camera and it’ll help keep it dry.

Gool luck.

-- hide signature --

“Perhaps if you removed some clothing . “
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lickitysplit11111/

lickity split's gear list:lickity split's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 200mm f/4D ED-IF Sigma 15mm F2.8 EX DG Diagonal Fisheye +11 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow