S5 or S1

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
reinhard becker Regular Member • Posts: 138
Re: The side hinged rear LCD debacle

david8732 wrote:

Plus it’s getting to the point now where when I see the introduction of a new camera the very first thing I look at is the rear LCD mechanism. If it’s a side hinged selfie screen I completely blank that camera, it’s dead to me.

Like Tom said, what 40% of the customers should be upset?

when I decided to enter fullframe again last year I also took a look to Nikon and Sony. I had Canon in the past, but could now decide free.

With Nikon and Sony there where only the typical one way tliters, so these 2 systems where sorted out at once! Canon was fine and Panasonic offered the double way tilt (s5 was not announced at that time). So I decided for Panasonic because of price (S1R was only half the price of the R5) and the availability of new Sigma lenses for mirrorless.

If Panasonic had not offered the special 2 way tilt I had made my decision for Canon. Just because of the display…

I vote for the other 40%… 😇

-- hide signature --

Reinhard
Olympus E-M5II, E-M1II, Olympus lenses from 7 to 300mm
Panasonic S1R, Sigma Art lenses (14-24, 24-70, 50, 85, 135)

reinhard becker's gear list:reinhard becker's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-S1R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow