S5 or S1

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Archiver Veteran Member • Posts: 3,719
Re: S5 or S1

brucefulton wrote:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that you can get the s5 with the 24-105 as the kit lens from several dealers. I think this is the much better choice than the 20-60 standard kit lens, and you'll save by buying it the 24-105 as the kit choice over the body and lens separately. That's what I did, and I'm happy with the choice. I'll be adding the Sigma 100-400 and one of the sigma wide zooms to round it out soon. Check it out.

The S5 was recently on sale over this way, and I got mine plus 20-60 for about $800 less than the full price S5 body alone. And there's a free Sigma 45mm on the way as a promotion from Panasonic Australia, too.

While I would have liked to get the 24-105, the price difference was just too much, and I already have the Sigma 24-105mm f4 in Canon EF mount, along with the Sigma MC21. When I update the firmware I expect it to perform with reasonable effectiveness. Having bought the Sigma to go with my G9 on Speedbooster only a few months ago, I'm loathe to spend even more on a lens that can only be used on the S5, and not on the m43 and Canon cameras I already have.

-- hide signature --

Archiver - Loving Every Image Captured Always
http://www.flickr.com/photos/archiver/

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow