Canon cancels Olympics booths

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Stig Nygaard
Stig Nygaard Regular Member • Posts: 242
Re: Canon cancels Olympics booths

Wigelii wrote:

Are Canon cameras that unreliable? And I suppose the Pros have spare equipment? I am only semi-pro and I always have at least 3 main bodies and 2 spare bodies with me.

Maybe one has to consider the pro booths as an insurance?

I guess it is probably also to be regarded as a kind of "insurance". But as explained by Jeff Cable on his blog, photographers usually travel with little equipment to such venues, expecting to borrow the items they need at the pro booths.

Also I guess some of the items might get tough treatment. For example risk being hit by someone or something while being used for remote triggering.

They probably also do more simple services. Like sensor cleaning, bulk charging batteries and stuff like that. Anything that makes life's easier for the photographers.

And remember (usually) there's a LOT of (like insane many) photographers at the Olympic Games.

Stig Nygaard's gear list:Stig Nygaard's gear list
Olympus TG-5 Canon G5 X II Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS R6 Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM +16 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow