Comparing 2 identical cameras, similar lenses ... why are these 2 photos so different?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
yray
yray Senior Member • Posts: 2,380
Re: Comparing 2 identical cameras, similar lenses ... why are these 2 photos so different?

bizmord wrote:

yray wrote:

bizmord wrote:

What could be the problem??? I am comparing 2 identical Nikon D700. One has a Nikon 24-70mm 2.8 attached and another a Nikon 24-120mm f4.

I take the same shot, same light and same composition at similar aperture and range and the one which has 24-120mm lens is a lot warmer. White balance is set to Auto. Maybe there is a setting on camera where I can select how i want Jpegs to be done? I though i saw those options and may have tweaked older camera to be on the warmer side. Or is it the lens?

Anyway, trying to understand what the issue may be.

This is my older Nikon D700 with Nikon 24-120mm f4 lens

This is my newer D700 with a 24-70mm 2.8 lens.

I think you answered your own question, 24-120/4 is warmer. Matter of personal preference. Which one do you like better? Of course since WB was on auto you may also wanna check if it is really identical.

you really think it's the lens??

I know from experience that 24-120/4 is a warm lens. In general Nikon shifted toward warmer glass with many more recent lenses. Whether it is only the lens or WB was also computed differently I have no way of knowing.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow