S5 or S1

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
georgehudetz Veteran Member • Posts: 5,224
Re: The side hinged rear LCD debacle

Tom Caldwell wrote:

Those that asked for more complex tilt-inclusive hinges I really think are closet side hingers trying to be helpful.

You might be right, or maybe not. But I will say this - even though I rarely need to tilt while in portrait mode - basically, a small percentage of my landscape/astro shots while on a tripod - I will not buy a new camera that does not allow me to tilt in both landscape AND portrait mode. It's not that I am heavily reliant on it. It's just that, now that there are two well developed solutions for this, I see no reason not to include one or the other in any camera offering going forward.

Perhaps somebody will make a rangefinder body with a fixed screen, or a screen that only rotates down. Perhaps there is a sufficiently sized market for that. If so, more power to you. It would be great if we could all get what we want. But to me, that seems like a step backward.

georgehudetz's gear list:georgehudetz's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Panasonic Lumix DC-S1R Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow