A1 Custom Shoot Set Questions - Is it Broken ?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
RGBCMYK
RGBCMYK Senior Member • Posts: 2,378
Re: A1 Custom Shoot Set Questions - Is it Broken ?

Glenn Barber wrote:

RGBCMYK wrote:

I am not arguing but trying to wrap my head around why would you want EC to work with the camera set to manual? I personally wouldn't want it to work with my camera set to manual because it is actually overriding a manual setting isn't it? I also think it is strange that you are allowed to set Auto ISO when in manual too.

First off, the behavior on the A1 is not like any other full frame Sony. With my A7R4 I typically shoot in Manual setting the exposure, shutter and ISO so I can capture birds in flight (no amount of automatic ever works for BIF).

However I have a custom shoot set tied to a button (as many do) for sitting birds. There I have a specific shutter speed (1/640) and ISO. Here's where I want the EC setting to work to allow me to compensate for backlighting etc. however on the A1 Custom Shoot Sets will not recognize EC settings on the camera or set in the CSS if the base configuration is Manual.

Sony Pro support has acknowledged this bug and a number of us are waiting for the fix.

I just tried my a1, a9 and a7III and all of my cameras when set to manual the EC dial is basically disabled and I thought that this was normal.  I always thought EC told the camera to compensate when shooting in one of the automatic modes.

-- hide signature --

My street photography with over 1000 images https://www.instagram.com/chris_broughton/
www.christopherbroughton.com

RGBCMYK's gear list:RGBCMYK's gear list
Epson Stylus Pro 4900 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow