Am I the only one wanting an XF 24-200 WR lens?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Yannis1976
OP Yannis1976 Veteran Member • Posts: 4,992
Re: You are thinking too small

Doug MacMillan wrote:

How about something like the Canon 50-1000? It's only $70k and the darling of wildlife cinematographers.

Seriously, to build something with enough IQ and a fast enough aperture to suit me would end up being very large, very heavy and very expensive.

I also agree that any zoom beyond 3x calls for too many compromises. Personally, I don't regard super zooms as being what Fuji is about. If I wanted something like that, I would have gone with a different system.

Well every company needs to expand its markets if they want to survive. Fuji has done great in primes but so so in zooms with the 70-300 being a step to the correct direction. I respect your opinion about primes and zooms but there also people liking “super” zooms and willing to sacrifice IQ for convenience (as I do with the 16-80). I don’t understand why Fuji needs to stick only with primes or short zooms.

In the end they can also release the mount to sigma and tamron and let the zoom market to these companies if they feel like not spending the resources.

Yannis1976's gear list:Yannis1976's gear list
Olympus TG-5 Canon G5 X II Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 16-80mm F4
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow