How to have my photography appreciated, or mean something?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Aaron801 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,113
Re: Join 'APPLAUSE Inc.'

arbeterfroyen wrote:

It sounds like this person has been at this for awhile. I agree that you should be your first critic AND your first enthusiast. It doesn't sound like they are a summer child though, and may be at the point you're speaking of.

Well... you're right about that. I have been doing this thing for a while and mostly took a break from photography for a decade or so (before I got really into digital!). I have to wonder if the internet with FB, Instagram, etc was around earlier in my development if I would have been one of these folks who is all about getting some kind of recognition on that. Hard to say really... I know that over the years I've become much more of a purist it terms of my attitudes about the arts... to where I really distrust anyone who says that they are creating what they do to please some kind of audience. For me it's all about expression and not merely entertainment, though something that is a really pure expression can certainly be entertaining.

-- hide signature --
 Aaron801's gear list:Aaron801's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow