How to have my photography appreciated, or mean something?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Aaron801 Veteran Member • Posts: 7,096
Re: Join 'APPLAUSE Inc.'

BrownieVet wrote:

Re: How to have my photography appreciated, or mean something?

Fers and or a small monthly membership fee, APPLAUSE Inc. will send you at least 50 letters praising every photo submission. The post- stamped are from each of the fifty states on the United States of America.
Sender are random names generated by computer. The cards and letters looks handwritten.
I think your will like that.

That's kind of a sarcastic way to put it. I totally understand the desire to have other folks enjoy your work. Nonetheless, I'd say that you're putting the cart before the horse if this is your initial goal. Much better to really home the art and craft of it that you do and only when you're starting to feel like you're really able to say something with your photography to show it off... The greatest artists I believe are the ones who are out to please themselves first and foremost and only when they've done that do they even think about their audience...

-- hide signature --
 Aaron801's gear list:Aaron801's gear list
Olympus PEN-F Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Samyang 7.5mm F3.5 Fisheye Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow