Green Cay and Wako wildlife

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
zackiedawg
zackiedawg Forum Pro • Posts: 34,281
Snapa,

Nice summer set - nice thing about these parks is even in the summer when the selection gets pretty thin for Florida, there's still probably 10x more birds and diversity than some other places in the U.S. get on any given day.  It was hot indeed - I was out there the same day, though I started a bit earlier, around 1pm and was home by 4pm to jump in the pool.

Nice closeups - birds closeup are always fun to see the different eye colors and patterns they have.  The juvenile tricolored is very nice...and your white heron on the rail is actually a juvenile little blue heron (despite being white, they start out that color and eventually turn dusky blue).  The yellowish legs and the two-toned bill are the giveaways for little blue juvies.

The mushrooms in particular made me laugh - because I looked at those as I passed by and thought that looked interesting for a photo.  Obviously you thought the same thing!

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony a6600 Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Sony FE 200-600 F5.6-6.3 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +21 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow