***July 18, 2021 - July 24, 2021 Weekly Show, Tell, and Critique***

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Birddogman
OP Birddogman Veteran Member • Posts: 7,857
Re: FYI; folks. HDR inclined, artistically-minded Sony A7MkIII in vicinity.

abiquiuense wrote:

Birddogman wrote:

Looks surreal, David. What are the white spots?

Greg

Very top of the morning to you, Greg.

I don't know what those spots are, but, they are the same soil that is red. This whole area was under a huge sea, with this location being closest to the Jurassic period. One hundred feet up, to another hundred feet down, is the range of the famous Coelophysis of Ghost Ranch. The panorama that Bill Borne made is part of this strata. This slope can be seen at the bottom of the cliffs that Bill captured. A bunch of movies have been made in this area.

The spots are probably matter, from different vegetation that disintegrated within other matter. It's all very clayish and difficult to walk in when wet.

Ansel Adams took a black and white photo of this, what I call "The Red Slope." There is a government book titled "The Red Beds of New Mexico," where this whole region is discussed in quite some detail. I believe it's also part of the structure that goes all the way to Moab, Utah.

I stayed up late to work on some challenges and just got deeper and deeper.

TTYL

David

Thanks for the info, David.  I hope to see this in person.

-- hide signature --
 Birddogman's gear list:Birddogman's gear list
Sony RX1R II Sony RX100 VII Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow