Reliable Battery Chargers

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
BillCPA Regular Member • Posts: 364
Re: Reliable Battery Chargers

sluggy_warrior wrote:

BillCPA wrote:

Coldpaw wrote:

I second this choice, Nitecore is a brand with an excellent reputation for it's flashlights, which always dealt with Li-Ion batteries and charging. So they do have quite some experience and knowhow in these areas.

The charger so far works really well, the only downside is the fixed, extremely short USB cable, which also can't be replaced easily if it should ever break.

I really like the Nitecore FX1 charger and you are right - very short USB connection ... I purchased a USB extender cable for around $4 ..

Beware that there's been report/measure of the charger consuming too much power itself (measured with a USB power meter):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R2GMPUHRPMYNPV/ref=cm_cr_getr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B07DZ7D7QZ

It does make sense at least with that bright LCD screen (vs those without a screen). Thus, if you're on the road with only one or two USB power banks, best to avoid this charger to make the most of the limited juice.

Thank you for the information.  I have an upcoming trip next week and will bring along one of my other chargers.  I'm careful when using chargers - I don't leave them plugged in charging when I'm not around/over night.  I haven't yet used the Nitecore charger with separate power banks.  Regards.

BillCPA's gear list:BillCPA's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow