the early versions of micro m43 ......... not that great ?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
StefanSC Regular Member • Posts: 315
Rather poor cameras tbh ...

I still have my GF-1 around here somewhere and a GX-7 in it's box, perhaps I should do a comparison to see how m43 image quality has evolved.

When I first got into m43 , back in 2010, the cameras were a bit ... poor to put it nicely. The 12 Mpx sensor was behind the curve back in 2007 already and the competition was pushing 16 and 18Mpx APS-C sensors that had a visible advantage over m43.

Also, the bodies were a bit too toylike, the screens were poor (I remember comparing the ones from the GF-1 and E-P1 to the D300 I was using back then) and the AF was basic.

But at the time, there wasn't anything as small as a GF-1 and 20mm f1.7 that offered that level of image quality and controls that advanced...

The 16Mpx sensors represented a great leap forward for m43 and the 20Mpx sensors are still competitive with most APS-Cs out there on the market these days.

-- hide signature --

I hold the truth... A very specific, based on my experience and only relevant to me truth, but the truth nonetheless!

StefanSC's gear list:StefanSC's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Nikon D810 Nikon D500 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF +13 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow