How to have my photography appreciated, or mean something?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
fferreres Veteran Member • Posts: 6,944
Re: How to have my photography appreciated, or mean something?

Tuonov2 wrote:

arbeterfroyen wrote:

That they were looking for a way to have their photography appreciated and mean something, not to get therapy on why they shouldn't have their feelings

"I want people to like my photographs" is hardly a thesis.

Maybe their photo's are not appreciated because they're not very good, we wouldn't know because we haven't seen any?

Maybe they could start by putting them up for C&C here in one of the dedicated photography forums, maybe enter them in to some of the challenges?

I don’t think so. I think is has more to do with current practical life. We watch thing on smartphones. Very few go and sit or visit an exposition, and the single photo hits, there a trillion. The biggest issue is we have improved cameras 1000x and most people don’t project or print, or use prints, or watch on TV…they only look at small size photos. We need the wow factor of watching them in a VR set of 16k resolution in stereo, or in a huge wall with very much HDR high contrast, or new ways to consume photos.

A photo needs to be a breathtaking experience.

I also think there are many ways to present photos. One could create a slideshow-like, and story. Not all photos will have a single story or be just visual pleasure, so I really like thematic takes or photo albums with backstories.

I think this, another take is to make photos part of the content, but to carry more that just a single shot.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow