the early versions of micro m43 ......... not that great ?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
JosephScha Veteran Member • Posts: 6,664
Re: the early versions of micro m43 ......... not that great ?

Just want to say I had a 12MP Lumix G10 (a slightly defeatured G2). Obviously, the G9 I have now is much better in every way I can think of. But at that time, I came from a 6.2mp 2/3" sensor superzoom, that had horrible dynamic range. The G10 was an improvement for sure, at that time. Also, at that time, there was no Topaz Denoise AI or DxO software, and I was using Photoshop Elements. (One of the reasons I subscribed to Adobe Lightroom (classic) and Photoshop when they offered it is that PSE had a new version every year, and if you bought it every year, well, the subscription wasn't much more!) So, at that time, there was certainly no way to make it look like a modern m43 camera. And now ... well, I wouldn't use the G10 now even if I still had it.

-- hide signature --

js

JosephScha's gear list:JosephScha's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 O.I.S Panasonic Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 42.5mm F1.7 +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow