Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
faunagraphy
faunagraphy Contributing Member • Posts: 662
Re: 16 Unique Features That Your Camera Probably Doesn't Have

SUPER-ELMAR wrote:

Raist3d wrote:

SUPER-ELMAR wrote:

Raist3d wrote:

What I recall from the mirrorless comparisons article is that Fuji AF was clearly better than even the Em1X for BIF.

Clearly better?

https://mirrorlesscomparison.com/stories/fuji-xt4-birds-in-flight-test/

Yes, clearly better.

How so? The results do not bear this out.

They made an article ranking all of them.

This one?

https://mirrorlesscomparison.com/best/mirrorless-cameras-for-wildlife-and-bird-photography/#olympus

The two Olympus cameras at the very top. Fuji is #3 after the Sony's.

Thank you for the link. I hadn't checked out the article in a while and Matheiu/Heather have done a splendid job rewriting it. It's so much easier to understand other systems now!

And again, that' snot even counting the usability and workflow of seeing dynamic focus points no the object your re following by grid and other options that Olympus doesn't have.

Did that affect the authors results? Does not appear so.

I must point out that your keeper rate improves significantly if AF limiter is enabled for BIFs. I understand this isn't possible all the time, but enough to the point that I keep it enabled by default.

AF limiter allowed instantaneous focus-lock.

And Matheiu hadn't used that, so the actual figures might be even higher, considering how in many photos, the red kites fly against confusing backgrounds.

Two more things to consider: Fuji will AF into the dark a bit better than the Olympus. Ditto for higher iso image quality and detail.

Not the XT4. Have you used? The EM1X able to focus and track in lower light. But that may be due to f/1.2 prime on Olympus vs f/1.4 prime on Fuji.

-- hide signature --

Formerly known as 'anupamkatkar'.

faunagraphy's gear list:faunagraphy's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PL6 Nikon D500 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +23 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tko
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow