Handheld Macro for XT-2

Started Nov 1, 2020 | Discussions thread
thxbb12 Senior Member • Posts: 2,185
Re: Handheld Macro for XT-2

erikjanneman wrote:

It has been a while, and thanks everyone for your replies.

So I did not buy a Macro lens yet. I came across a pretty good deal for a new X-T4 and found someone who gave me a fair price for my X-T2 body. So I upgraded. I knew it would not give me much of a boost for the type of macro shooting I want to do, but it was a good deal ;).

So I will still in the near future buy a macro lens. Just not sure yet which one. I would like the mark II 7artisans 60mm to get some more reviews to see if that would suit my needs.

I went out today for the first time with the X-T4 and the 18-55 + extension tubes. Got these shots (I used the classic neg profile on some because I wanted to try that):

They are not tack sharp across the frame yet. Will practice some more.

These are very nice given it was taken with the 18-55 kit lens.

Unfortunately, I find the bokeh of the 18-55 to be harsh and unpleasant. Luckily it's not to visible in your shots except the last one.

I actually own this lens and it was great in term of sharpness but very bad for portraits given the harsh bokeh. For landscapes it's a great lens though.

If you happen to have the 35mm f1.4, extension tubes work very well with it.

Here are a few examples of the XF 35mm f1.4 and the Fuji MCEX-16 extension tube:

https://www.flickr.com/search/?user_id=92066060%40N00&view_all=1&text=macro%2035mm

-- hide signature --
 thxbb12's gear list:thxbb12's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm X-S10 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
GKN
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow