RF24-105/4 performance

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
tkbslc Forum Pro • Posts: 16,659
Re: RF24-105/4 performance

thunder storm wrote:

MAC wrote:

isn’t my RP focus good enough? How much better is the R5 focus? $3000 better?

For me it is. For it's stickyness with subject tracking, and it's speed. I love it. No problems anymore with fast moving kids.

Man, the Rp has better servo AF than any crop DSLR I ever owned (never had FF DSLR).   I have no problem taking pictures of my kids playing with face tracking and even at fast apertures.  Not really sure what else you could need.

I get needing it for high end sports and birds, but I don't get the kid logic.  They aren't that hard to photograph, IMO.

Now burst rate on the other hand.....

I'm aware not everyone needs that kind of AF. And it's certainly not needed in all cases.

The RP is three times as expensive as a used 6D. A 6D is good enough in lots of cases too. I have some lenses for it. Build in GPS. If it only would only have just a little bit faster burst rate it would be great for shooting trains from a tripod.

For me Eye/Face AF is a must have.  6D is probably enough camera for me otherwise, but I face tracking just makes for so many more keepers with portraits and candids.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow