RF24-105/4 performance

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Peak freak Contributing Member • Posts: 931
Re: RF24-105/4 performance

Blokfluitist wrote:

thunder storm wrote:

Blokfluitist wrote:

And please - not another Ansel Adams blah.

Feel free to replace 'Ansel Adams' with another great photographer from history that you admire and I think the same holds true

There are those of us who are always chasing the best gear, and for the best reasons, but whilst better gear can help, having great equipment does not make us a great photographer, maybe not even a good one. It is a means to an end and it's up to us to learn to work with what we have.

And how would this make the pictures of the OP sharper at 35mm?

Like I said earlier, if the lens is genuinely faulty, send it back. If not and you’re still not happy with it, sell it. You don’t have to use it!

OP here.

The reason I started this thread was to get an idea of what people think of this lens. Mostly good, but certainly not all.

I can't return it now, like I said, this is my third crack at getting a good one. I just went on my trip and hoped it would be a good copy - and it mostly is.

I am thinking of buying another one, keeping the best, and selling the other one and taking the hit. I figure (for a combination of reasons) that this could end up being a very expensive lens but that won't matter to me if it ends up producing 'good' results across the F/L range.

I mentioned it elsewhere, but my photos generally aren't creative. They have to stand on subjects merits and, depending on what I am photographing, it might be the technical quality that sets them apart form other similar photographic work.

Swapping out lenses can be impractical for myself. I figured that this RF 24-105 is the best of its type, and it maybe is, just not all of them.

Case in point: I (still) marvel at the EF 16-35/4. It is a great lens, partly because there is very little debate about good and bad copies.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow