the early versions of micro m43 ......... not that great ?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Michael J Davis
Michael J Davis Veteran Member • Posts: 3,697
Re: the early versions of micro m43 ......... not that great ?

I've used m43 since 2008 with the G1, and from the beginning I've had no qualms about quality, even with the original 14-45mm, 45-200mm & 20mm lenses.

Half the members of our Photo Soc bought m43 because of the quality of my pix; 16"x 12" prints and pixel level crops on projected images.

(I even still use the G1 + 14-45 or 20mm lenses to throw in my bag!)

Originally I use PS Elements, now I use LR + PS Elements.

HIH

Mike D

PS - look at the latest shot (Rochdale Landscape) on my Flickr pix (below)

Mr Giggles wrote:

I remember using an early version of the GH series and being really underwhelmed by the image quality.

there was a really boring rending to the images which reminded me of the Oly SLR cameras from 15 years ago ...... which I hated

I had sworn off m43 and then I got an unbelievable deal on a G9

I was started by the difference in quality .... while not quite up to FF it was fine for smaller prints up to 16 x 20 which is what I print anyway

now here is the thing

I could have been wrong

maybe the editing software was not optimal and to be honest I forget which RAW editing software I even used ..... I always shoot raw so I know I was not seeing in camera JPEGS

so I am curious what you guys think - who have being using M43 forever

was the image quality ok for you ?

did you discover a special raw editor which brought quality similar to the modern M43 ?

-- hide signature --

Mike Davis
Photographing the public for over 60 years
www.flickr.com/photos/watchman

Michael J Davis's gear list:Michael J Davis's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow