Newer camera than the ZS3 with noteworthy upgrades

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Erik Ohlson
Erik Ohlson Forum Pro • Posts: 22,279
Re: Newer camera than the ZS3 with noteworthy upgrades

saudidave wrote:

John McCormack wrote:

Erik Ohlson wrote:

The problem with touch screens is that - the few times I carry a camera in "on" condition, it seems like every time my hand moves, the "Touch Screen" starts exposing a video - usually of the street.

And, I only carry a camera in "on" condition in situations like Japan, where so many things 'need' to be shot - otherwise, the camera is shut off: a lot safer: much less likelihood of banging the extended lens on something.

I don't use buttons: Leave camera in "A" mode, wide open (ƒ 3.3) & exposure @ - .3 EV.

Every day I see so much confusion about "Settings": find the settings you like & then do NOT "play" with them, it is unnecessary in 99.9 % of cases.

"Simplify, simplify, simplify"

Maybe I missed something above and I'm not familiar with the camera, but can't you simply turn the touch screen "OFF" ?

Yes you can, so it isn't an issue

Dave

CORRECT. !!!

While in Japan, I couldn't seem to find out how to do it, though.

(Have you ever tried to use a Japanese keyboard ??)

When we got back to the US, I was soon able to turn it off =>> and I believe it was Jerry045 who told me how, as he says, above:

Maybe I missed something above and I'm not familiar with the camera, but can't you simply turn the touch screen "OFF" ?

Quote:

Yes you can. I turned off the touch screen on my ZS19, and don't miss it one bit.

Jerry
http://www.flickr.com/photos/av8tor045

But after a while, both ZS19's having developed problems that did not appear to be from that trip to Japan,  I bought a new ZS25 which has just "Kept on Going". So it's like having an almost-immortal ZS19 which was a fine, compact, camera.

Then I heard good things about Casio & bought a used one - and now I have to admit I mostly use the Casio, as it is so much sharper than any other camera I have tried, when using the "Multi-SR Zoom" mode - by just turning the knob on top (no confusing 'buttons').

Some time ago, I posted some threads showing this, complete with Satellite shots showing the distances involved.

I don't like boosting another brand on my "Home" Panasonic forum, so enough said.

The ZS25 is, IMHO, one of the high spots in small camera evolution, and the transition to the bulkier ZS40 &tc has got them out of the running - for ME.

"Your Mileage may vary".

-- hide signature --

"Measure wealth not by things you have but by things for which you would not take money"
www.flickr.com/ohlsonmh/ ohlsonmh@yahoo.com

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow