the early versions of micro m43 ......... not that great ?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Albert Valentino Veteran Member • Posts: 9,182
Re: the early versions of micro m43 ......... not that great ?

Mr Giggles wrote:

I remember using an early version of the GH series and being really underwhelmed by the image quality.

there was a really boring rending to the images which reminded me of the Oly SLR cameras from 15 years ago ...... which I hated

maybe the editing software was not optimal and to be honest I forget which RAW editing software I even used ..... I always shoot raw so I know I was not seeing in camera JPEGS

did you discover a special raw editor which brought quality similar to the modern M43 ?

For many of us the editor of choice for m43 isDxO PhotoLab . I invested in it when I moved over to m43 in 2016 and never looked back 👍

It would be interesting to hear how well your old raw images render in the latest version of DxO PhotoLab 4 - which you can download for a free trial. I suspect, with the right settings, including noise it will make a very tangible difference.

-- hide signature --

If you don't get older and wiser, than you just get older.

Albert Valentino's gear list:Albert Valentino's gear list
Olympus E-M1 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 25mm F1.8 +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow