Well E-P7 is here today!

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
MNE Senior Member • Posts: 1,752
Re: Higher ISO shots...bands in a bar tonight...

Raist3d wrote:

A friend and his partner where setting up some interesting contraption to do the background for 3 bands playing somewhere in Santa Cruz, CA (Blue Lagoon) and he invited me over to take pics.

After thinking maybe I should take the EM5.3 or EM10.4 due to the immediate current Dxo PhotoLab 4.0 support for noise reduction, I decided to still take the E-P7 and give it a spin to learn about more of its AF and color.

I was most interested in color at higher ISO and it didn't disappoint. Olympus/OMDS has come a long way at killing chroma noise while keeping the overall color/tone up even if there's still detail lost.

Though you do lose detail as the iso climbs, the tones and colors hold - particularly if you are particularly using this for smaller prints, web sizes, etc.

Some shots follow- I had on hand only the Lumix 15mm F1.7 and the Oly 45mm F1.8, by conscious choice. My 45mm F1.8 is not so sharp wide open, very sharp at F3.2. This seems to be a copy variation issue.

All the shots are JPEGS out of the E-P7 usually using Profile Color 2, other than the resize down.

If you did no significant noise reduction, then I am very impressed with the way the images hold up in such high ISOs !

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MNE
MNE
MNE
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow