Frogs, Alligator, Owl, Birds & a Trick Neck (7/18/21)

Started 3 months ago | Photos thread
snapa
snapa Veteran Member • Posts: 5,175
zackiedawg,

zackiedawg wrote:

This post includes a handful of shots to wrap up March 13th, then moves into March 20th, with a mix of birds and reptiles too. For some reason, the often hard to spot pig frogs were very easy to spot - and out in the dozens that day!

Wow, you are still posting shots from back in March, you must have a lot of pictures saved up! That is a good thing IMO, since we get to enjoy them on a weekly basis.

Below are my favorites for too many reasons to list, all very well taken as usual. 

BTW, I don't think I've ever got a shot of a screech owl, good eye on seeing it.

A young purple gallinule standing on a free-floating ball of roots - he was doing the old log-rolling routine, walking as the root ball rolled to stay on top - he did very well too - loggers would have been impressed!

A tricolored heron, in breeding colors, flying close by as he banks around over the plant-covered waters

While I was happy to finally get to spot an eastern screech owl this year - unfortunately this day was the first and last sighting, as they chose not to nest here this year as they have for the past 6-8 years - a large bee hive nearby probably made them reconsider their usual nesting area

We can always get really close to the cormorants - you can walk up and pet them if you wanted. I just like to get closeups to see that amazing, beautiful Caribbean-sea colored eye

Comments, questions, and critique welcomed as always!

-- hide signature --

Life is short, so make the best of it while you can!
http://grob.smugmug.com/
https://grob.smugmug.com/Wildlife-Pictures/

snapa's gear list:snapa's gear list
Sony a6300 Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS Sony E 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Phase One Capture One Pro +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow