Anyone going back to using your DSLR for low light events?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
papajohnny
papajohnny Regular Member • Posts: 314
Re: Anyone going back to using your DSLR for low light events?

Igor Lukashanets wrote:

sirhawkeye64 wrote:

MarcNY wrote:

I have the Z50, Z5 and Z62, along with 3 Z lenses, two being 1.8 primes.

I am not happy with the low light focus, as focus was faster and more accurate on my Nikon DSLRS due to the focus assist beams on my Nikon, Metz and Godox flashes.

I will continue to use my mirrorless for medium and bright light events, but I'm going to return to my DSLRs for low light shooting because they use the fash focus assist beams.

Appreciate your thoughts, and has anyone else done this?

If i only had the Z7's then I might, but with the Z5 the low-light performance is good enough that the DSLRs can stay on the shelf.

Nikon Z7 has the same focusing capabilities as Z5. Focus sensitivity has been improved in firmware version 2.0.

_Changes from “C” Firmware Version 1.03 to 2.00
• Improved autofocus performance for photos and movies shot under low light: -2 – 19 EV (low light autofocus -4 – 19 EV), measured in photo mode with single-servo AF (AF-S) at ISO 100 and 20°C with an f/2 lens._
https://downloadcenter.nikonimglib.com/en/download/fw/408.html

I had Z6 and Z5 both with the latest firmware in my hands and the focusing is not even close. Z6 (and I would assume Z7 too) success rate is much higher.

-- hide signature --

68 74 74 70 73 3a 2f 2f 74 69 6e 79 75 72 6c 2e 63 6f 6d 2f 38 70 78 6d 39 37 62 34

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow