** Weekly X Series Photo Thread 18 JUL- 24 JUL **

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
OP MOD BobsYourUncle Veteran Member • Posts: 7,391
Re: Ash-Covered Icelandic Glacier

Jerry-astro wrote:

BobsYourUncle wrote:

Thanks, Jerry

I think you will. Assuming the volcano is still erupting it is as long walk to the viewing area. There are a few videos on YouTube showing the trek. If you can get there it will be a sight to behold. However there aren't any glaciers near it.

BTW there are other ash-covered glaciers you can visit where the ice is a little more accessible. In any case having looked at your itinerary, you will be able to see a very soul-satisfying amount of remarkable scenery,

Bob

Well, as it stands, I have that long walk as part of our itinerary. I just can't see coming all that way and missing out on an opportunity to see an active volcano in action. I'm sure the hike will be a serious test of my aging body, but I'm up for the challenge. Just hoping that I haven't overestimated by abilities. My wife (who is a lot smarter than I am) wisely decided to pass on this and will be taking a different excursion.

This will give you a good idea of what's in store for you. Doesn't look too bad for what you will see. Be sure to take a tele with you (but not too heavy 😁).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hilxgH1eWBM

BobsYourUncle's gear list:BobsYourUncle's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS-1D X +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow