How to have my photography appreciated, or mean something?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
David Pavlich
David Pavlich Veteran Member • Posts: 4,674
Re: How to have my photography appreciated, or mean something?

Print your favorite shots then display them in your home. I proudly display my photos in my home.

Find a gallery or two that will display your work. This can be a frustrating exercise in that galleries will be full and you'll have to wait. Worst, what I encountered here in Winnipeg, is that many galleries won't even consider photographs for their walls.

Enter local exhibitions. Heck, even I received a couple of awards.

Enter calendar contests. I entered one and had a photo placed.

Enter magazine contests. I have but have never broken through on this account.

Enter national/international contests.

Some will dismiss contests as ways to get your photo in the contest organizer's mitts to exploit and that is true for some. You have to decide if that's good or bad for you.

Try selling at a local market or fair. I do and it's a lot of fun and it helps pay for my printing addiction. My sales have also led to a few paid jobs.

Perseverance and a thick skin are needed to get your work recognized.  A thin skin will make the journey very short.  Mostly, make the project fun first.  If it isn't, it's doomed from the beginning.

David

-- hide signature --

"The taxpayers are sending congressmen on expensive trips abroad. It might be worth it except they keep coming back." Will Rogers
Viewbug: https://www.viewbug.com/member/David_Pavlich

David Pavlich's gear list:David Pavlich's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 50mm F1.4 USM Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM Tamron SP 35mm F1.8 Di VC USD +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow