RF24-105/4 performance

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
thunder storm Senior Member • Posts: 7,551
Re: RF24-105/4 performance

axlotl wrote:

thunder storm wrote:

Larawanista wrote:

And please - not another Ansel Adams blah.

Ansel Adams wasn't a gearhead, he was just a creative person. He wasn't caring about dynamic range for instance and all the other tech nonsense. He just loved to take pictures.

Apologies to forum menbers for rambling off topic but actually

That was my point.

Ansel Adams was intensely involved with Fred Archer in reaching a very thorough understanding of sensitometry culminating in their development of the zone system. He was very exercised by (what we now call) dynamic range

That's why I gave dynamic range as an example. 

and his system was long regarded as the epitome of the technologically sophisticated approach to film exposure, development and printing. Many photographers thought it was indeed a lot of "tech nonsense" possibly because they did not devote sufficient time and effort to understanding his ideas.

Andrew

So he was definitely a gear head, and in the early days of photography you had to be both a gearhead AND a creative person.  Nowadays it matters less as the gear copes with a lot of problems for you.

-- hide signature --

I love 50mm (equivalence)

thunder storm's gear list:thunder storm's gear list
Canon EOS M6 II Canon EOS R5 Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 35-80mm f/4.0-5.6 III Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM +18 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow