RF24-105/4 performance

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Larawanista
Larawanista Veteran Member • Posts: 4,470
Re: RF24-105/4 performance

JoWinter wrote:

Larawanista wrote:

When you have the chance to head out, you might consider testing the Tamron 35-150mm 2.8-4 which is the lens I bought to "replace" the RF24-105/4.

How do you feel aboiut size and weight of the Tamon 35.150 a R/R6/R5 body? It's heavier than the RF 24-105 (even more so with the adapter). Is that a concern for a wlak-around lens?

It's slightly bigger and slightly heavier than the RF24-105mm. But I get 2.8 on wide and better build quality. It is not heavy at all. It is also not top heavy even when mounted on a tripod. I am able to walk around it with my right hand gripped on the R6 like I would do with most other lenses I have (except of course for my 100-400mm).

Might not be a big thing for most people, but using the 35-150mm also challenges me to be more creative. 24mm made me lazy while 35mm compels me to more deliberately compose. 150mm gives me more reach which makes for photo opportunities that simply did not exist when I was capped at 105mm.

-- hide signature --

"Photography is therapeutic."
https://500px.com/joshcruzphotos

Larawanista's gear list:Larawanista's gear list
Canon EOS M3 Canon EOS R Canon EOS RP Canon EOS R6 Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +10 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow