How to have my photography appreciated, or mean something?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
JollyGreenGiant94
JollyGreenGiant94 New Member • Posts: 16
Re: How to have my photography appreciated, or mean something?

I have found the same issue as well. Sure I share some with friends and family and they appreciate my photos, say the photos are good, but as nice as those comments are, they don't bring the same level of gratification as photos being admired by complete strangers, or let alone fellow photographers. I have found some satisfaction by sharing photos in Facebook groups. These groups give me a way to share my work with like-minded people as well as view the work of others and elicit feedback/advice to better myself. If you want to get more seriously into photography and possibly get into paid gigs, you want exposure. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there. Like mentioned above, go to local businesses and see if they are willing to display some of your photos. Enter local and online contests, just don't be afraid to get negative feedback, there is a lot to learn and constructive criticism is valuable. Most importantly, do not forget what you enjoy about this hobby and that you take the photos for your benefit, not for others. Best of luck to you.

JollyGreenGiant94's gear list:JollyGreenGiant94's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon Z50 Tamron 100-400mm F4.5-6.3 Nikon Z 16-50mm F3.5-6.3 VR Nikon Z 24-200mm F4-6.3 VR
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow