How do you store/display your lenses?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
kcdogger Veteran Member • Posts: 3,373
Re: How do you store/display your lenses?

68shttp://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=sony+rx100&sprefix=canon+280%2Celectronics%2C166&rh=n%3A172282%2Ck%3Asony+rx100hooter wrote:

Hello. As the title states......

I have adapted lens disease. So far I've accumulated about 15-20 lenses, but haven't counted. The reason I haven't counted is I am not organized. It also is plainly evident I will buy just a few more.

I don't want to keep all the lenses but I need time to use them all. I would like to ideally find a storage/display solution for maybe 8 lenses. I will keep the lenses in a cabinet in my livingroom, which is climate controlled.

I really don't want a invest in a dry cabinet.

What do you use?

Mine are on open shelves in a humidity controlled, isolated room with doors closed except when entering or leaving - with constantly running dehumidifier (set to 30%), and light on to discourage fungus. Room is in my basement where temperature seldom varies much.  Bags and cameras in same room.

Hoping for the best. Too much stuff for a dry cabinet with digital cameras and lenses, as well as film era SLRs and lenses. So far, so good - but maybe a fools paradise. What do you think?  I live in the Midwest, USA, which can be quite humid in the spring and summer - not so much in winter or fall..

Peace

John

kcdogger's gear list:kcdogger's gear list
Olympus TG-6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Olympus E-M1 II Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 +22 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow