** Weekly X Series Photo Thread 11 JUL- 17 JUL **

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Papa48
Papa48 Senior Member • Posts: 3,524
Re: Frankie's

Schleiermacher wrote:

Thanks for this extensive feedback on the TTA17/1.4. Sounds like a decent performer at the price point with few surprises as to its weaknesses, which don’t seem fatal. I don’t shoot wide very often, and I own the XF16/2.8, so I’m reluctant to add the the TT17/1.4. I remain impressed with the TTA50/1.2 and TTA35/1.4 given the price point. I greatly enjoy manual focus primes, and they deliver pretty good results. I’m depending a lot on the 50/1.2 while my XF60/2.4 is in for repair at Fuji.

Matt

The ranking of TTArtisan prime usage on my bodies is: 1) 35/1.4 for "normal" focal length. It's optically a better performer than the 17/1.4, but slightly inferior to the 50/1.2. 2) 50/1.2 for its very beautiful and unique character. It's just a bit tight for use as a general lens. 3) 17/1.4 because of its challenges for me. I see it as a specialty lens when wide angle is specifically called for. If I were a street shooter, it would probably be on more, and used as a zone or trap focuser.

Good carrying on the conversation with you.  I like your work here, and on Flickr.

Papa48's gear list:Papa48's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Fujifilm X-E2S Fujifilm X-T4 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow