* Wed C&C "No Theme" Thread #690 on 2021 07 14 *

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
LouHolland
LouHolland Veteran Member • Posts: 9,846
Re: The Dimboola pub.

Mike Fewster wrote:

When I looked at this week's posts, so far, I saw that Kumsal was taking us to Tasmania. I changed my mind about this weeks post, I've been giving Tassie a working over of late.

Dimboola. A little town in the Wimmera area of Victoria. Some years ago it was bypassed by the main highway and now it is fading away. We needed a place to stay a couple of months ago, got off the main highway and discovered Dimboola. These shots are of the hotel where we had an excellent meal, enjoyed time with the locals and found some very surprising rooms inside. You will be seeing more of Dimboola.

Dimboola is also the name of a famous Australian play and film. It tells the tale of a wedding. When staged, the play usually takes the form of a wedding reception and meal and the audience have a meal while the play goes on around them. This is the reference in photo 1.

PS. Light levels were very low inside and I decided to keep the feeling.

On the wall in the pub.

Hi Mike, nice series with a preference for photo 3 and 5. 3 for the quiet attention with which the beer is tapped with the typical attitude of the girl and being watched by the man in the background and 5 because of the eclectic interior which invites you to a journey to see everything.

Lou

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow