Considering the Shimoda x30 or Peak Design Backpack

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
MikeNannie
OP MikeNannie Regular Member • Posts: 482
Re: Considering the Shimoda x30 or Peak Design Backpack

I ended up buying the Shimoda x50 with the medium DSLR ICU and the small ICU. The large DSLR ICU is sold out everywhere otherwise I might have bought that instead.

I haven’t had the opportunity yet to really use it, but will in the next couple of weeks. We’ll see how well it works.

thanks everyone

I’m still looking for a shooter style bag. I can see situations where the backpack just isn’t a good option, so it’s main use for me will be outdoor hikes in the woods.

I've been searching online for a bag that will carry my unmounted Sony 100-400 GM and one other lens, either the Tamron 28-75 or Tamron 17-28. This is what I’d call a shooter bag, where I'm wearing the camera and one lens and I have a bag for the two that I'm not using. Ideally, I'd prefer a hip belt option vs a sling. I was really intrigued by the Think Tank Speed Racer 2, after Mark Galer mentioned it in a video, unfortunately it’s no longer available.

Most everything that I find online that will handle the 100-400 has been discontinued. Or, the bags available aren't deep enough to allow the storage of the 100-400 vertically. the 100-400 is about 9 inches long and 4.5 inches in diameter (or 5 inches with the tripod bracket).

The marketplace now seems focused on slings and messenger bags that hang on your shoulder. One option that might fit my needs is the Think Tank modular belt system.

MikeNannie's gear list:MikeNannie's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony a1 Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow