RF24-105/4 performance

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Peak freak Contributing Member • Posts: 931
Re: RF24-105/4 performance

Cotswolds wrote:

Not having a go at the OP but is this a case of getting hooked on pixel peeping and looking for issues rather than looking at the image ?

I understand if it's holding you back in making sales or the quality is so bad you don't want to print and hang on the wall but isn't it a case of trying to achieve "perfection" of an image rather than perfecting an image.

Just my view and others may well disagree

Thanks, you raise fair points.

I think the thing that is bugging me is that I didn't go looking for the problem, it just became apparent when processing my images. Some weren't as sharp as others, and they were all around the 35mmF/L.

The images I post are just snapshots. My 'critical' images are of misty forest reflections in early morning light - detailed with good, but not too much, contrast. Shot from a kayak with techniques I have been perfecting for years (kayaks are not stable platforms!) I even bought my EOS R and this lens with the expectation that It was the best available for the work I do. That may still be the case, but the IQ drop-off at 35mm is not really good enough for the work that I am doing. It is unique, limited edition. I needs to be good. [Primes might be the answer but have other limitations under the circumstances].

I don't expect a 4x zoom to be perfect, but it is pretty big and heavy for what it is. I think it has the potential to do the job, maybe just not my copy.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow