M4/3 for birding

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
faunagraphy
faunagraphy Contributing Member • Posts: 607
Re: Some shots for you

jalywol wrote:

Ontarian wrote:

Excellent photos ! I will have to check out the Panasonic GX9 now as well.

I wouldn't necessarily go with the GX9 unless real compactness is a goal. I think the G95 would be a better option, as the EVF is better, the grip is better, and it has the Dual IS 2 (the GX9 has dual IS first version). The sensor is the same, so the sensor output should be very comparable.

I wanted a much smaller body, so I was willing to put up with these inconveniences, but for a better overall shooting experience with one of the longer lenses, one of the bodies with a better grip and better EVF (G95 or G9) would be a better choice for most people.

-J

Seconded. Ontarian - jalywol is spot-on about the camera recommendation and their assessment of the Pany 100-400 vs 50-200. I do not use Panasonic cameras because my needs are best met by the E-M1 ii. However if my primary lens was a Panasonic, I'd own the G95. The G95 has all the best features of the G9, except for the EVF. The G95 has a good EVF, whereas that of the G9 is excellent. Also, the G95 has cropped video. If you do not care about having the best EVF or shooting video, the G95 will be a better value.

-- hide signature --

Formerly known as 'anupamkatkar'.

faunagraphy's gear list:faunagraphy's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PL6 Nikon D500 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD +23 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow