Full Frame vs Micro 4:3

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
C Sean Veteran Member • Posts: 3,123
Re: Full Frame vs Micro 4:3

Michael Piziak wrote:

I viewed this 2018 video, to get a perspective of how much smaller the Olympus cameras are than other cameras... The video actually compares the micro 4:3 to a full frame camera when it comes to image quality. I have neither, as I've only owned APS-C DSLR's.

While I am impressed by the size of the micro 4:3, I actually came away with a conclusion that, just perhaps, all the talk about image quality advantage of a FF camera, perhaps, just perhaps, may be a bit of "hype."

The video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGn3yPl59ZM

To jump straight to the image comparison, you can click to about 8:50 in the video.

Regards,

Michael

My recommendation is to download RAW files from the latest Full Frame cameras and see for yourself. Jared Polin usually offer free RAW files downloads.

Full Frame is better than M43 when it comes to image quality but the gap between them isn't as big as some manufactures make it out to be. That said both Nikon, Sony and Canon are releasing excellent Full Frame primes. So you're getting the advantage of both a big sensor and excellent glass.

M43 is usually good for practical sense when image quality isn't as important but getting the shot is.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow