results still hold up to current cameras under certain conditions IMO

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
Tord S Eriksson
Tord S Eriksson Forum Pro • Posts: 15,233
Re: re: results still hold up to current cameras under certain conditions IMO

MIKE1111 wrote:

cyuill2007 wrote:

I do a lot of bird photography, as other members here can attest. I am looking for better gear than I currently have for that purpose. I am torn between acquiring a Z50 kit featuring FTZ adapter and 50-250mm lens, or splurging on a D7500 or D500 to use with my Sigma 100-400. I am also eyeing used Z6 and Z7 bodies that are currently available, although I prefer crop-sensor cameras.

Last weekend, I was trying to shoot BIF with my V2 + FT1 + Sigma 100-400 combo, and the results mostly sucked. Shooting perched birds with this set up is okay. BIF? Forget it. A CX 70-300 would be a nice lens to have, I suppose - but I am somewhat reluctant to buy more Nikon 1 gear at this stage. (3 bodies, 5 lenses (3 that fully work atm).) That said, I caved in and bought the V2 + 18.5mm lens after saying something similar, so who knows?

I use D7500 for BIF. I use D7500 99% of the time.

the problem with cx 70-300 is the electrical ribbon inside breaks and lens has to be repaired. not a rugged system

Sadly true! I never fold mine up, hopefully, prolong the meantime before failure.

-- hide signature --

tordseriksson (at) gmail.....
Owner of a handful of Nikon cameras. And a few lenses.
WSSA #456

Tord S Eriksson's gear list:Tord S Eriksson's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Ricoh GR Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D600 Nikon D3300 +23 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow