RF24-105/4 performance

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Dan W Contributing Member • Posts: 738
Re: RF24-105/4 performance

eac706 wrote:

I am undecided if I should keep the EF 24-105/f4 MkII or sell it and than purchase the R5 with the RF 24-105 as a kit. The fact that the RF version is slightly smaller and lighter I am inclined to swap the EF version. Should there be a diffrence in the quality than I will keep the EF version and get an adapter.

Thank you for your input.

If you keep the EF version and use the adaptor to fit your R5, it will feel a little front heavy. Not bad but its there. I'm sure you know there's noway to mount a RF lens on a EF mount, keep that in mind if your keeping a EF mount body. I have 4 Canon brand RF lenses now, all replaced the EF versions except the 50 f/1.2, I got that instead of replacing the EF 85 f/1.2 I used to own. That said the RF version is a little sharper in each case.

Canon explained this when they first released the R I think, the paper was above my head in a lot of areas but from what I understood it mostly has to do with the rear element of the lens can be placed just a few millimeters from the sensor. This gives designers the ability to develop better lenses. The high prices have to do with R&D monies spent on all new designs. hopefully over the next few years things will settle back down...

Dan W's gear list:Dan W's gear list
Canon EOS R Canon EOS R5 Canon RF 50mm F1.2L USM Canon RF 35mm F1.8 IS STM Macro Canon RF 24-105mm F4L IS USM +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
MAC
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow