Full Frame vs Micro 4:3

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
mujana Veteran Member • Posts: 7,484
Re: Do Not expect an enthusiastic reception.

Glen Barrington wrote:

Us m43s user have been saying this for years. Religious beliefs are difficult to abandon!

I have used Olympus for years (E3/E5/EM5). Love the system! Zuiko glass can be perfect. Size can be great (although not too much anymore with the more “pro” cameras from Olympus). Solidly build also. Very weather resistant (class leading I would say). But…..I really prefer the IQ of my former Sony A7RII and my present A7RIV files. I have to say that: - I print (A2), - like to crop whenever I want to (and still print A2), - put my nose up to a print to inspect, -like the more smooth gradations of my FF files.- pixel peep, - more malleable files. So, in general, FF really does it much better for me. I’m not religious and I have much respect for m4/3s and Olympus, but I see what I see and I can compare (m)4/3 files directly to my FF files.

I left Olympus solely for getting better IQ. And I found it. Next step could be medium format (cannot afford that at the moment).

mujana's gear list:mujana's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sony a7R IV Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD Smaug01
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow