Bevis Gear Top Shelf Bag

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Doug Greenberg Contributing Member • Posts: 947
Re: Bevis Gear Top Shelf Bag

SDreamer wrote:

I saw this too and thought it was cool. But when I thought about the weight I thought that wouldn't work, especially since all of whatever weight is on one shoulder. Then I thought, what photography style would benefit from this? The delay you get from changing lenses is already enough I think to miss the moment.

I often go out hiking with my binoculars, and also a camera and telephoto (say, a Nikon Z7 and 500mm PF lens) but I don't always want the camera rig "out" and exposed and possibly flopping around. If I see a bird or animal I want to photograph, I then get out the camera rig, which involves taking the pack off, etc. With the Top Shelf system, I could get access to the camera/lens very quickly. That's what it's good for. I also would want a bit of room for a rain jacket or second lens, or lunch. The size of this bag seems about right for all of this, though I can't comment on the weight, the precise ergonomics, etc.

We all know there is no perfect camera bag. If a bag is good for some functions or features, it lacks in others. That's why some of us end up with so many camera bags.

Doug Greenberg's gear list:Doug Greenberg's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7800 Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Nikon Z7 +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow